Who can resist breakfast when it comes in the form of a light and airy crepe stuffed full of fruit, yogurt and honey? I know I can’t, can you? Celebrate National Crepe Day today, February 2, 2013, with this fun recipe!
The first step is to make the crepe batter. Use a blender to make the batter light and bubbly. It will then need to sit for a few minutes before it’s ready for crepe making.
You don’t need a crepe maker to make this recipe. You can simply use a 12 inch skillet pan. It may take a little practice though!
There are so many ways you can fill crepes. They are so versatile to make savory or sweet. Use whatever fruit is in season!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or ½c all purpose & ½c whole wheat for whole wheat crepes)
- 1 tbsp. sugar (or sugar substitute)
- ¼ tsp coarse salt
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (plain or flavored---you’ll need about ¼ cup per crepe)
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen (thawed)---substitute with any preferred fruit)
- Honey (drizzle as little or as much as you desire)
- Powdered sugar—optional
- In a blender combine the flour, sugar, salt, milk, eggs and butter. Puree until mixture is smooth and bubbles form at the top. Set aside for 15-20 minutes at room temperature before making your crepes, but whisk before using to reincorporate ingredients that may have settled to the bottom.
- When ready to begin making crepes, heat a 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Coat lightly with cooking spray or vegetable oil and add about ⅓ cup batter into pan. Tilt pan quickly to distribute the batter across the bottom, the result should be a very thin layer.
- Cook until the bottom is a nice golden brown about 1-2 minutes, then gently loosen edges with a rubber spatula and flip , cook for an additional minute or until golden spots appear on your crepe.
- Remove from pan and keep warm on a plate in oven or microwave while you repeat the process with the remaining batter. Batter will yield about 8-10 crepes. Make sure to spray or oil pan between each batch.
- Once all crepes are made, spread approximately ¼ cup Greek yogurt on each, layer with approximately ¼ cup berries and drizzle with honey. Fold first one side over the middle and then the other to form a small wrap then sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello