We love to grill when the weather is nice and sometimes even when it’s not; check out this recipe for a great way to cook potatoes on the grill right alongside your main course!
This recipe can be thrown together in no time! If you don’t like onions, just season the potatoes and grill.
Wrap tightly in foil so the potatoes and onions don’t fall onto the grill.
- 5-6 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced using a mandolin
- ½ an onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- Lawry’s seasoning salt (it’s our go-to seasoning---we love it on everything)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Additional herbs and seasonings as desired (optional)
- Working either one at a time or on all four at once, lay out a sheet of aluminum foil, spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- To the center of each sheet dump a generous handful of sliced potatoes (try to make each packet as equal as possible so they cook at the same rate), top with onions (if desired) and 1 tbsp of butter.
- Season liberally with seasoning salt and pepper plus any additional herbs or spices.
- To form packet, take two opposite edges, pull up and meet at the top and fold over several times until the packet lies flat. Then roll up each of the remaining open edges until it reaches the potatoes (it will form a rectangular sealed packet).
- Throw on the grill at medium heat for 30-45 minutes. The longer they cook the crisper they get!
- Serve & enjoy.
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes in my recipe index!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello