My absolute favorite dessert is cheesecake. Thick, creamy, rich and slightly sweet – it’s the perfect dessert. The nice thing about cheesecake is that you can top it with so many options. From fresh berries, to canned fruit topping, to cool whip and chocolate. The combinations are endless! Of course plain cheesecake is delicious too!
The firs step for making a cheesecake is to make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature. This step will make beating the cream cheese so much easier. The secret to a creamy cheesecake is to beat the cream cheese and sugar until the mixture is light and smooth. This step takes several minutes, but it is easy with a stand mixer!
Making a cheesecake takes about four hours. Thankfully, there is very little hands on time. Most of the time is spent in the oven!
- 2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ½ Cup Butter, melted
- 1 Cup Sugar, divided
- 2 Pounds Cream Cheese (4 8 oz. packages)
- 2 Large Eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon, vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a bowl, place graham cracker crumbs, butter and 2 Tablespoons of sugar. Blend well. Press into bottom and sides of a greased 9" springform pan. Chill in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- IN a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar. Beat until light and smooth - at least two minutes.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and cornstarch just until blended.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Pour mixture into prepared graham cracker crust. Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 200 degrees and bake for 45 minutes.
- Turnoff oven and allow to cool with the oven door slightly ajar for 3 hours. I place a wooden spoon in between the door to allow it to crack open.
- Remove sides of springform pan.
- Chill in refrigerator.
Make sure you check out the rest of my easy recipes in my recipe index!