It’s that time of year where hot meals are a must! There is just something about the comfort of a hot meal on a cold autumn day. We like to make soups, pasta bakes and chili this time of year. To add flavor to our meals, we like to use Johnsonville Italian Sausage instead of ground hamburger. The spices in the sausage give classic recipes an instant lift. Johnsonville Ground Italian Sausage is all natural and come in Mild, Hot and Sweet. My families two favorite varieties are mild and sweet!
This spaghetti bake recipe only has five ingredients! It is very easy to make and doesn’t disappoint in the flavor department. Also, it is a family friendly recipe!
The first step in making this recipe is to brown the Johnsonville Italian Sausage. While the sausage is browning, cook the spaghetti pasta to al dente. Don’t overcook the noodles since they will cook a little longer in the oven. Once the sausage is done, drain the fat.
Add the spaghetti sauce and cream of mushroom soup to the browned sausage. Use homemade or store bought spaghetti sauce – whatever you have on hand. A creamy sauce will form by combining the soup and spaghetti sauce.
Add the cooked spaghetti noodles to the creamy sausage sauce. Once mixed, add in half of the cheese. Place the spaghetti mixture into a greased 13×9 baking pan.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the spaghetti mixture. The next step is to bake the spaghetti in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. That’s it – easy peasy!
This casserole can be made ahead of time and easily reheated.
- Johnsonville Ground Italian Sausage (1 lb.)
- 12 oz. Spaghetti Noodles
- 1.5 Cups Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground sausage according to package directions.
- While the sausage is browning, cook spaghetti noodles to al dente.
- Once sausage is done cooking, drain the grease. Also, drain the spaghetti noodles.
- Add the spaghetti sauce and cream of mushroom soup to the drained sausage. Mix until incorporated.
- Add drained spaghetti noodles to the meat mixture. Add in 1 cup of cheese and mix.
- Spread spaghetti mixture in a greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of spaghetti.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf on Johnsonville. All opinions expressed are mine.