Here comes Peter Cotton Tail! Hopping down the bunny trail! Hippity ! Hoppity! Easters on its way—and the Easter bunny is filling up my treat basket with something a little extra special this year—check out this recipe for a fun and frugal extra special Easter treat and it could be filling up your basket too!
This recipe is so easy to make. The colors will really catch your child’s eye!
- 2 cups Hershey’s White Premier Morsels (12oz)
- 2 tbsp all natural vegetable shortening
- ½ cup Jelly Beans, divided (I used Wonka Sweet Tarts Jelly Beans)
- Line a small cookie sheet or platter with wax paper.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate morsels and shortening together for 45 seconds to 1 minute on 70% power, some chips may still hold their shape but will smooth out when stirred so be careful not to overheat.
- Remove from microwave, stir and fold in ¼ cup jelly beans.
- Spread melted chocolate mixture on baking sheet to approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Sprinkle randomly with remaining ¼ cup jelly beans.
- Refrigerate for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Break apart!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello