When attending parties or a get together, the conversations usually are centered around the snacks! I have had so many great conversations while munching away on the appetizers. One easy snack to make is Chex Mix. Did you know that there are tons of different recipes for Chex Mix? From sweet to salty, there are so many easy recipes to make. I branched out from the traditional Chex Mix last weekend and made Parmesan Italian Chex Mix and Sugar Cookie Chex Mix. Both were a huge hit.
For the Parmesan Italian Chex Mix I used a combination of Corn and Rice Chex Cereal, mini pretzels and cheese crackers. I followed the recipe for Cheesy Ranch Chex™ Mix but changed the Ranch Dressing Mix to Italian Dressing Mix. I had intended to make the Ranch version, but I forgot the ranch dressing mix at the store. I improvised with what I had and it turned out fabulous!
Chex Mix is super simple to make. Combine the cereal, pretzels and cheese crackers. Melt the butter and pour over top of the cereal mix. Mix in the Italian Dressing mix and the Parmesan cheese. Then you microwave the mixture for about three minutes. Let it cool on a baking sheet and then serve!
This recipe makes a huge batch. We brought some to a party and then had enough for snacks during the week.
- 9 cups Corn Chex™, Rice Chex™ or Wheat Chex™ cereal (or combination)
- 2 cups bite-size pretzel twists
- 2 cups bite-size cheese crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (1 oz) Italian dressing and seasoning mix
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal, pretzels and crackers.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted.
- Pour butter over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated. Stir in dressing mix and cheese until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring after each minute.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
I also made the Sugar Cookie Chex™ Party Mix since I couldn’t decide between salty or sweet. This version is great for a quick dessert. For other Chex Party Mix recipes, make sure to visit the Chex Recipe Index.
One How to Have it All reader will win a $50 gift card to make their own Chex Mix!
How to Enter
Enter by leaving a comment on this post. If you are reading this via email or RSS Feed, you will need to click over to the post HERE. There are THREE entries per person. You must leave a separate comment for each entry. The winner will be drawn at random on March 30, 2015. Open to USA residents only.
- 1st Entry: What is your favorite Chex Mix recipe to make?
- 2nd Entry: Follow me on facebook, twitter, Google+ or Pinterest. If you already do, just leave a comment saying so.
- 3rd Entry: Subscribe via email or RSS feed. If you already do, just leave a comment saying so.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Chex. All opinions expressed are mine.