I don’t know if you can ever have too many chicken casserole recipes—so if you’re like me then add this one to your collection if you don’t have it already! There is a special ingredient in this dish that makes the flavors “pop”—can you guess what it is???
This recipe can be oven ready in minutes if you have precooked chicken. Just dice or shred your cooked chicken, add a couple of cans of cream soup and poppyseeds.
For the buttery “crust” add crushed Ritz crackers and a stick of butter. Then all you have to do is bake the chicken casserole for about 45 minutes! Easy peasy!
- 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts, boiled (approximately 6 chicken breasts)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tube of Ritz crackers, smashed
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prep an 8x11 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Shred or dice boiled chicken breasts depending on preference.
- In casserole dish combine chicken, mushroom soup, celery soup and poppy seeds; mix well then spread out evenly across the bottom of the dish.
- In a small bowl use a fork to mash the cracker crumbs and butter together; sprinkle this crumbly mixture over the casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until crust is a golden brown and the casserole is bubbly.
- Serve & enjoy!