As LUCK would have it this sandwich is super easy to make and taste delicious! We enjoy these every St. Patty’s Day but they are great year round! Make sure you checkout my homemade rye bread recipe to make your Reuben’s!
Reuben sandwiches can be customized to your liking! Pile it high with sauerkraut or load it with cheese. Everyone can customize their sandwich to their liking!
- Rye Bread
- Salt & pepper
- Corned beef, sliced or shredded
- Baby Swiss Cheese, sliced
- In a bowl combine sauerkraut and mayonnaise and mix well; season with salt and pepper to taste. I used approximately 3 tbsp of mayonnaise for 4 oz of sauerkraut, but prepare the mix to your taste and preferences.
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Layer corned beef slices as desired and 1-2 slices of Baby Swiss cheese on the unbuttered portion of half the slices of bread and spread with sauerkraut mixture.
- Position top slice of bread (buttered side out) over top of sandwich.
- Cook on large preheated griddle (if making multiple sandwiches) or preheated skillet pan over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes until golden brown, flip and repeat on opposite side.
- Serve & enjoy!