Since we have an abundance of potatoes this year, I am constantly looking for new potato recipes! I don’t usually buy potato chips, so I was intrigued by this recipe for oven roasted potatoes. I used a mandoline to slice my potatoes uniformly and thin. The result was tasty, slightly crunchy potato chips!
After the potatoes are sliced, mix the seasoning with the oil and place in a plastic bag. Place the potatoes in the bag to coat with the oil mixture. Place the potatoes on a baking tray in a single layer.
When the potatoes start to brown, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake until the cheese melts.
- 2 Large White Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Slice uniformly and thinly with a mandoline.
- Place coconut oil (if solid, heat for a few seconds in the microwave), Italian seasoning and salt in a large plastic bag.
- Add sliced potatoes to plastic bag and shake to coat.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes and then flip potatoes over. Bake another 5 minutes.
- When the potatoes start to brown, add the parmesan cheese and bake an additional 1-2 minutes. Just until cheese melts!
- Serve warm!