I love seafood, but it’s not a food I have a great deal of experience cooking. This recipe is cooked in one pot and is as simple to cook as it is satisfying to eat!
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 oz package shrimp & crab boil
- 1 lb small red potatoes or mixed bag of new potatoes
- 4 medium corn cobs, cut in half
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 3 tbsp butter, melted (I used light butter)
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Fresh ground pepper
- Coarse ground salt
- Fresh parsley (garnish-optional)
- Cocktail sauce (optional)
- In a Dutch oven or large lidded pot combine water, salt and crab boil; cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add potatoes and corn, return to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove from heat, add shrimp and let stand for 3-5 minutes until shrimp is firm and pink.
- Drain the potatoes, corn & shrimp, discard the crab boil bag and transfer to a platter.
- Drizzle with melted butter and juice squeezed from lemon wedges.
- Season with salt, pepper & parsley.
- Serve with additional lemon slices and cocktail sauce if desired.
- Enjoy! Yields 4 servings!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello