Simple, fresh and full of flavor—each ingredient stands strong on its own and as a whole in this dish! This is one of those recipes that can be made on a busy work night. Shrimp cooks very quickly, making it perfect for a quick meal.
Basil added to melted butter makes for a savory dish! For extra flavor add, parmesan cheese or feta cheese!
- 1 1⁄2 -2 lbs. large uncooked shrimp, tails removed & deveined
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 20 oz. cheese stuffed tortellini (or preferred variety)
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil + 2 tbsp.
- 6-8 fresh Basil leaves, minced
- In a large bowl whisk together balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt & pepper; add shrimp toss to coat then allow shrimp to marinade in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Fill a 2 quart pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat, add tortellini and cook according to package instructions; drain and return to pot.
- In a large skillet pan heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat until hot, add tomatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté for 8-10 minutes or until all shrimp have turned pink (do not over cook).
- Meanwhile simmer butter, olive oil and minced basil over low heat; stir occasionally.
- Once shrimp is cooked through add shrimp & tomatoes to the pot of tortellini, pour basil butter sauce over the top and mix until all ingredients are well coated. Season with additional salt & pepper as desired.
- Serve & enjoy!
• Add a squeeze of lemon juice and some lemon zest for a tangy zing!
• Substitute alternative pasta if desired.