We have been talking about roasting vegetables this month the bring out the sweet flavors. Roasted vegetables make an excellent side dish and they are are so easy to make. For this roasted butternut squash recipe, I used precut butternut squash chunks from Trader Joes. Buying the precut butternut squash saved me time and it was relatively inexpensive at $2.99. If you have a whole butternut squash, you could easily use that too!
- 1 pound butternut squash chunks
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- If the coconut oil is solid, heat in the microwave to a few seconds to liquify.
- Place butternut squash chunks on baking sheet and drizzle with liquid coconut oil.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt.
- Half way through the cooking time, mix butternut squash. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until soft and edges browned.
More butternut squash recipes: