This is a really easy recipe for breakfast or brunch! I love that it has vegetables in it compared to the usual egg and meat breakfast. To make this spinach brunch bake you will need a springform pan. Try experimenting with different cheeses and vegetables! Chopped ham would be good too! Or make this a completely vegetarian dish by omitting the bacon.
- 1 pkg. (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 pkg. (10 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup chopped red peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unfold pastry sheets and roll out 1 sheet to 11-inch square; set aside. Roll out remaining sheet to 12-inch square. Use the 12-inch square to line bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Set 1 Tbsp. eggs aside. Mix remaining eggs with ricotta, pepper sauce and spinach. Layer half each of the bacon, Cheddar, ricotta mixture and peppers into springform pan over crust. Repeat layers.
- Cover with remaining pastry sheet (the 11-inch sheet). Fold under edges of pastry, then tuck inside pan. Brush pastry with reserved egg. Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 min. Run small knife around edge of pan to loosen crust before removing rim.
This recipe comes from Kraft Foods.