Life can be complicated…some-things in life can be complicated…but I can guarantee not even the most novice of “cookers” will find this recipe in the least bit complicated! It’s simple and simply delicious (and I say this as a person who 99% of the time detests onions)! Try it!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- Salt & pepper
- 16 oz sour cream (or substitute with plain Greek yogurt)
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tbsp tarragon vinegar (or substitute with white wine vinegar)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat then add onions, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp of pepper and cook, stirring frequently until onions caramelize into a nice golden brown (approximately 10-15 minutes).
- Once cooked transfer onions to a bowl and let cool.
- Once cooled add sour cream, spinach, vinegar, an additional ½ tsp salt & ¼ tsp pepper then mix well until all ingredients are combined. Chill and serve with vegetables, crackers, crusty bread and/or pita chips etc.
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello