Pizza is a favorite meal for me and my family. There are so many variations of pizza that can be made too! On busy nights, we like to make these pizza rolls. They are simple and kid friendly. Pizza rolls can be made ahead of time and reheated too.
For these pizza rolls, use either store bought or homemade pizza dough. I bet you could also use refrigerated biscuit dough as well! Use a variety of ingredients to suit your families taste.
Spread the pizza dough out to about 12″ by 18″. Then you will need to cut the dough into 24 equal pieces. Simply add pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni.
The next step is to wrap the toppings up with the pizza dough. Brush the pizza dough with the herbed butter and top with Parmesan cheese. It only takes 10-15 minutes to bake these too! Serve as finger food dinner or as an appetizer.
- Pizza dough (store bought or homemade)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 6 cheese sticks, cut into 4 equal pieces each (24 total)
- 48 pepperonis
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray, butter or olive oil.
- Roll out pizza dough into a large rectangle (approximately 12x18) and cut into 24 squares of the same approximate size (6 columns, 4 rows).
- In a small sauce pan combine butter, garlic and Italian seasoning; melt & simmer on low to allow the butter time to become infused with the herb and garlic.
- Meanwhile place 1 tsp. pizza sauce in the center of each square, top with 2 pepperonis and 1 piece of cheese.
- Gather the four corners together and press to seal then place in dish seam side down.
- Brush liberally with garlic and herb butter and lightly sprinkle tops with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with remaining pizza sauce for dipping & enjoy!