Scones are one of my favorite things to make. These little wholesome goodies top the list of my favorite scones—fluffy, packed full of fruit and naturally sweetened!
The nice thing about scones is they don’t need to rise like other bread type recipes. There are minimal ingredients in this recipe. Plus the sweetener is honey which always a bonus in my book.
- 1 cup whole wheat or spelt flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. finely ground sea salt
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen, but note that frozen berries hold up better)
- 3 tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender, two knives or even your hands until a crumbly mixture develops.
- In a small bowl whisk honey and cream together until well blended.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms then gently fold in blackberries.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead 2-3 times, shape into a disc about 1-2 inches thick and cut into 6 or 8 wedges.
- Place each wedge on prepared baking sheet close but not touching and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!