As often as possible I cook meals from scratch but even as a stay at home mom I (Ashley) run out of time to do that EVERY night, for times when I (& you) need a bit of help getting dinner on the table there are dozens of wonderful starter products out there. Experiment with them, its not cheating and its still much less expensive then dining out when there are hungry mouths to feed.
- 10 oz. container Philadelphia Cooing Cream, Creamy Pesto
- 12 oz. box Rainbow Salad Twirls (substitute any variety of preferred pasta)
- 1 lb. chicken, cooked (cubed or shredded--I cut up both breasts from a grilled whole chicken)
- 16 oz. bag of frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (I used Sugar Snap Stir Fry variety)
- Parmesan cheese, shredded (garnish-optional)
- Fresh basil leaves (garnish-optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions & steam or cook vegetables according to package instructions.
- Once pasta, vegetables & chicken are prepared combine in a large skillet with cover; stir in creamy pesto cooking cream, cover and cook over medium heat until heated through (approximately 10 minutes).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese & garnish with basil leaves. Serve & enjoy!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello