Spice things up or rather cool them down or mix them up with a simple twist to a classic mix. Ranch dressing tones down the heat, but adds a new flavor profile and creaminess to a simple chicken taco dinner in this recipe! Tacos are one our families favorite meals. They are quick and easy to make plus full of flavor.
Remember that it is not necessary to buy taco seasoning. It is simple to make homemade taco seasoning mix that is healthier than the store bought packets. I usually make a large batch of taco seasoning up at once to have on hand.
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, boneless & skinless, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 pkg. chicken taco seasoning or reg. taco seasoning (or equivalent homemade taco seasoning)
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- Salt & pepper
- Taco shells or alternatively wraps, tortillas, naan, flatbread etc.
- Toppings: lettuce, tomato, sour cream, cheese, taco sauce etc.
- Season chicken chunks with salt and pepper and sauté in a large pan over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain excess grease and return to pan.
- Add taco seasoning and ¾ cup water (or follow particular instructions on seasoning package) bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasional.
- Add ½ cup ranch, stir and continue simmering on low for an additional 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Assemble tacos as desired with favorite ingredients!
- Serve & enjoy!