I am one of the millions of people who love French fries, but in a quest to eat healthier and consume less calorie laden foods such as these I discovered a new and wonderful power-food called the sweet potato. Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin B6, vitamin C & D, iron and magnesium. This combination of vitamins and minerals in sweet potatoes make them a “feel good food” because they help us not only ward off disease, cope with stress, boost our energy levels and mood but they also aid in relaxation. Do yourself a favor and try my recipe for sweet potato fries and see if they make you feel as good as they make me feel!
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ½- ¾ tsp chili powder (more or less depending on taste preference)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl toss wedges with olive oil to thoroughly coat each and the sprinkle with chili powder and salt.
- Place wedges on sheet pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip and continue baking for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Sweet potatoes are finished when they have a nice browning to them. (Note: they do not get ultra-crispy like traditional fries through this baking method).
Chili sweet potato fries are a great side dish for Olive Burgers!