We have been *trying* to eat healthier and eat less prepared foods. My boys really enjoy Pasta Roni and last week I set out to make a homemade version. Yep, doing away with the boxed stuff. I found a recipe to make the seasoning portion ahead of time which makes this recipe super easy to make on a work night.
Recipe: Copycat Parmesan Pasta Roni
- 1 cup Milk powder
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parsley
Pasta Dish Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup prepared Pasta Roni seasoning mix
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated. I used a fork to break up the clumps.
- Store in a airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Makes approximately 2 cups of seasoning mix.
To make pasta:
- To serve, cook 1.5 cups pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauce pan. Add milk and prepared seasoning mix.
- Bring milk mixture just to a boil. Remove from heat an pour sauce over drained hot pasta.
- If you don’t like onion flavor, cut back on the amount of minced onion in the recipe.
- Store the seasoning mix in the fridge for up to 4 months. It should be enough for 8 recipes!
- Use a variety of noodles- I used whole wheat spaghetti noodles.
Make sure to check out the rest of my easy recipes!
Latest posts by Renae Chiovaro (see all)
- Running Shoe Buzzword: Drop - April 16, 2014
- Fee Free National Park Days - April 16, 2014
- My Favorite Person Contest & Chance to Win $2,500 From Blurb - April 16, 2014