Hot cocoa is one of my boys favorite winter treats. This year I decided to venture into making our own hot cocoa mix. This makes a great homemade gift to give as well!
Hot Cocoa Mix
2 Cups Nonfat Powdered Milk
1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Non-Dairy Creamer
1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Make sure to mix well and get as many as the lumps out as possible. I paced the mix into 1/2 pint canning jars and this recipe filled 4 jars.
To make hot cocoa, add 3-4 tablespoons of mix with 6 oz. of hot water. For a mocha, add hot coffee instead!
- Use a flavored non-dairy creamer such as French Vanilla.
- Most of the ingredients are very inexpensive and you can use store brands. The Nonfat Powdered Milk is the most expensive thing. You might look into a bulk food supply to get the powdered milk.
I have another homemade idea coming that pairs perfectly with the hot cocoa mix! Stay tuned!
Latest posts by Renae Chiovaro (see all)
- Life Skills: Mending Clothing - March 3, 2016
- File it Friday: Maple Peanut Butter Fudge, Spinach Balls + More - February 26, 2016
- Fitness: Changing Your Mindset - February 23, 2016