A few weeks ago I told you all about a homemade chocolate syrup recipe on my File it Friday post. Last weekend I finally got around to making it as my boys had been asking for chocolate milk. It was very simple to make! I thought this would make a great gift too! Find an interesting bottle and make it just before gift giving time.
- 1½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¾ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Combine the sugar, cocoa powder and salt until incorporated.
- Place pan on burner over medium heat and ad water.
- Stir constantly and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once at a hard boil, cook for an additional minute or two depending on how thick you want the sauce. The longer it cooks, the thicker it gets.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Let cool before refrigerating.
Have you tried anything new this week? If you are looking for a new recipe, check out my recipe index!