We had a surplus of peppers in the garden so I decided to give pepper jelly a try. Our local orchard had beautiful peaches that I thought would complement the peppers well. This turned out to be a wonderful sweet and sour jelly with a little spice. It perfect served over cream cheese with a side of crackers!
- 6 medium jalapeno peppers
- 1 medium green bell peppers
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes (omit if you want milder)
- 6½ cups sugar
- 2 pouch Certo liquid pectin (6 oz. total)
- 1 cup diced peach
- Wash, seed and chop peppers. For the jalapeno peppers wear gloves if you are hand chopping. The peppers should be pretty finely chopped.
- Finely dice the peeled peach.
- In a large stockpot combine jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, sugar, vinegar and crushed red pepper flakes over high heat.
- Continue to a full rolling boil. Boil for five minutes. Add pectin and peaches.
- Return to full rolling boil for 3 minutes.
- Let the jelly cool for a minute and skim off foam.
- Place in hot jars. Process in water bath canner for 10 minutes.
- Makes 7 half pints.
Isn’t it pretty?! This jelly will make great little Christmas gifts!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello