Sweet and spicy is a great combination for an appetizer! This salsa recipe is simple to create and pairs well with chips or white fish. Of course you could just eat this salsa right off the spoon too – it’s that good!
For this recipe I (Litsa) used frozen lime juice. When the grocery store had limes on markdown, I juiced the limes and froze the juice for future use. This is a great way to take advantage of manager markdowns!
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small pineapple, cored, peeled, and diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, pineapple, onion, garlic, lime juice, and jalapeno.
- Stir in cilantro and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.