Pumpkin season is here! I recently was able to stockup on 100% pure pumpkin for $0.69 a can. Most of the time I prefer to make my own pumpkin puree. I couldn’t resist the convenience or the price this time though!
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (I used homemade pumpkin puree)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine applesauce, sugar and eggs. Beat in bananas, pumpkin and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking power, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice; gradually add to pumpkin banana mixture.
- Pour into five greased (5) 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans or into (1) 3-in. x 2-in. and (1) 5-in. x 10-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes for small loaf pans and 55-60 minutes for large loaf pan or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Other pumpkin recipes: