I love soups in the cold months of winter and I especially love crock-pot soup recipes—fix them and forget them and come back when you’re ready for a hot meal without spending hours in the kitchen. This recipe is simple, spicy, healthy & filling!
The nice thing about this crock-pot soup recipe is that you basically just need to gather ingredients and dump it into the crock. After cooking all day, the chicken becomes really tender and easy to shred. About 30 minutes before serving, remove the chicken breast to shred the chicken. It’s super simple!
There are a variety of toppings that can be served with this crock-pot chicken tortilla soup. Top the soup with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream or even sliced avocado!
- (2) cans of Rotel (I used 1 chunky and 1 original)
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- (2) cans of chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup of water
- ½ tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. cilantro
- ¼ - ½ tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 lb. of boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- In the bowl of a large crock-pot mix together all ingredients except the chicken breasts until well mixed.
- Gently place chicken on top and submerge until just covered by the soup mix.
- Cover and cook on high 6-7 hours.
- minutes before serving, remove chicken breasts, shred and return to crock-pot.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
Checkout these other soup recipes: