No-bake granola bars are a quick and easy to make, grab and go for breakfast or for an afternoon snack! They have whole grains, honey, protein and a little chocolate to satisfy that sugar craving!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar (or corresponding measurement for Splenda Brown Sugar---to lighten up the calorie load)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter (or substitute with corresponding measurement for PB2 or reduced fat peanut butter to again reduce calories)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup rice cereal
- ¾ cup pretzels, chopped
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray to prevent sticking or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine rolled oats, rice cereal and chopped pretzels; set aside.
- In a small sauce pan combine butter, brown sugar, honey & peanut butter; cook over medium-low heat until mixture melts and bubbles; once bubbling cook for an additional 2 minutes stirring continuously to prevent it from burning or sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Remove from heat and mix in vanilla extract.
- Pour over bowl of dry mix and stir until well combined.
- Transfer to the baking dish and pack mixture by pressing it down into the dish creating and even smooth surface across the top.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and gently press into the mix.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve & enjoy!
Other homemade bar recipes: