Eating healthy starts at home—start with stocking your cupboard with some homemade granola bars that are quick to grab on the go, pre or post workout, or anytime you need to refuel before your next meal! They are versatile and you truly can make them with a wide variety of items in your pantry—I made mine with almond butter!
The key to getting homemade granola bars to stick together is to press firmly into the pan. Use a potato masher to assist with this step!
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup almond butter, crunchy
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp wheat bran
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. I recommend using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer to really mix and mash these ingredients together.
- Transfer to pan and press FIRMLY into an even layer across the baking dish. Use a potato masher if available to help you pack the mixture firmly---they will hold together better the tighter they are packed into the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes and cut into bars. You want to cut them before they are completely hardened.
- Serve & enjoy or store in an airtight container in cool dry place.
Other homemade bar recipes: