I have been making homemade granola bars for the last month. There are super easy to make and my boys love them!
- 2 Cups Quick Cooking Oats (I have used Rolled Oats too)
- 1 Cup Rice Krispies
- 2 Tablespoons Flax Seed
- ¼ Cup Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl combine oats, rice krispies and flax seed.
- Prepare a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with a lip. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small pan combine peanut butter, honey and brown sugar. Melt over medium heat stiring often. Heat just until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour hot mixture over oat mixture. Quickly stir until combined.
- Poor mixture onto prepared pan pressing the mixture into the side of the pan. Press mixture firmly so that it sticks together.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on the top of the mixture pressing down slightly.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Other homemade bar recipes: