I love making chili in my Crock Pot. It takes just a few minutes to throw the ingredients together and then let it simmer all day.
Slow Cooker Two Meat Chili
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 lb. Round Steak or Stew Meat, cubed
1 lb. Italian Sausage
1 Onion, finely chopped
(2) Canned Diced Tomatoes (14 oz.)
(1) Can Light Kidney Beans (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
(1) Can Black Beans (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
(1) Can Tomato Paste (5.5 oz.)
1/2 Cup Red Wine
2 Garlic Cloves, pressed
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Oregeno
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add steak cubes and cook for 7 minutes or until browned on all sides. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to slow cooker reserving juices.
Return pan with juices to heat. Add sausage and onions and cook over medium heat. Break up sausage with spoon and cook until no longer pink. Drain and transfer to slow cooker.
Add tomatoes (with juice), beans, tomato paste, wine, garlic, dijon mmustard and spices to slow cooker. Stir ingredients together. If the mixture is thick, add up to 1 cup of water.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- You can freeze the chili if you have extra. Cool completely and then place in a freezer bag. Express air and freeze flat.
- Use different meats. I use whatever I have on hand- ground beef or turkey are good substitutes.
- Try using a can of Rotel in place of one of the cans of tomatoes for extra zip.
- Top chili with shredded cheese and sour cream.
This chili is great to serve to a crowd- like for the Super Bowl! Bake up some potatoes and have a baked potato bar with chili. Don’t forget to check out the Super Bowl Appetizer Recipes!